Thursday, December 27, 2007

Why are people so stupid?

This goes down as one of my biggest pet peeves known to me. Ever.

The setting: The baggage claim at any airport. Anywhere. In the world.

The physics/mechanics/logistics are really simple if even 2% of your brain is working: If everyone stands a few feet back from the carousel (yeah, it's not an effin ride dip shits), then everyone can see when their luggage is coming.

But, most of us apparently feel the need to stand as close to the freakin conveyor belt as stupid-humanely possible without getting sucked under. And then NO ONE can see. Which results in stupid human tricks when people see their bag as it passes them by.

I find it a good guage of who has an iota of intelligence in this world and who I would gladly smack in the face given the opportunity (or if I had no fear of being locked away in an airport holding cell).

Think about it next time you're waiting for your luggage and just take a step back - otherwise I might have to bitch slap you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed. I think carousel behavior has a knock-on effect -- people stand close so if you don't want to miss your bag, you have to elbow up in there rather than watching it sail on by. Who knows what happens once it goes back under the black flappy things?

I would maintain, however, that people who stop at the end of an escalator and start up a conversation should be unceremoniously tasered.