Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Do you want some pizza?

This was what some guy asked me on the subway platform the other day. Herein follows the conversation (mostly one-sided) that ensued as others watched and enjoyed:

Me: No thanks
Him: But I just got a new job today
Me: Nod happily
Him: And I even forgot to wear socks (pulls up pants to show bare ankles)
Him: You know Lennox Lewis?
Me: Uh-huh
Him:
My dad used to get all the fights on pay per view. He's my hero.
[brief interlude on Lennox that I couldn't quite grasp]
Him: Are you married? I'm looking for a companion.
Him: Once I found out I got the job, I went and bought flowers and took them back and threw them everywhere.
Him: Then they told me that I can't drink on the job. But I don't think so. If anyone come visit me, I will have a drink for them
Me: Still nodding and occasionally high fiving with him
Him: Once I get my vouchers, I'll be cool. It's very important to get that done.
Me: I agree
Him: Actually, everything in life is important.
Me: I agree
Him: Once I get my vouchers, I can stop drinking, but until then I can't live off my job alone.
Me: Amen brother.

End Scene

3 comments:

JDizzle said...

You do seem to attract the crazies kel.

Nocturnal Admission said...

That's why I'm friends with you right?

JDizzle said...

Enough with the compliments. I'll get a big head.