Monday, August 20, 2007

The Nanna Part 2

The second installation (and if you didn't read the first, just scroll down because I don't have time to do the links and shit...didn't you read the "my husband just had back surgery post"????)

We have a lovely stroll along the water, and at one point I overhear The Nanna asking Adam how he and Peter managed to end up with such useless wives. I later learn that this is because neither my sister nor I have really excelled in the culinary arts.

The Nanna then proposes a pint at the pub. Now we’re getting somewhere. After ½ a pint, I’m starting to warm up to The Nanna’s stories, while Adam is discreetly but furiously texting under the table – no doubt requesting the Royal Navy leave those trapped cavers in Mexico and undertake an emergency extraction from Exeter.

The Nanna soon realizes that we now only have 40 minutes to make it back to the car, and jumps up ready to go. We oblige and are putting on our coats when The Nanna realizes I still have almost ½ a pint left.

“Well, perhaps I should help you with that,” she says as she tips her head back and finishes off my beer for me in three seconds flat.

The next few hours aren’t worth reporting on as The Nanna decided to go home and there was no more fun to be had on our part. Somehow, we managed to while away the hours and then went home, ready for our big Saturday night.

We watched Miss Marple.


Betcha can't wait for the Sunday edition.....

No comments: