Friday, August 10, 2007

Sometimes I like to write letters #1

Had to help out a friend. (I had a great time...)

Dear McCarren Pool Park,

You don’t know me, but I know you, and you are not on my list of favorite places right now. I feel obliged to tell you that I had a most unfortunate evening in your presence last night.

I arrived at your premises both happy and optimistic about a fun evening with the beastie boys ahead of me. When I made the kind and generous offer to go and procure a beverage for myself (and my companions), I trusted that I would be back to shake my groove thing in 10-15 minutes.

And then things took a horrible turn for the worse.

As it turned out, I spent the ENTIRE concert waiting in line for said beverage. Repeat: ENTIRE. I did not manage to meet up with my companions until several minutes after the last encore, only to be promptly kicked out because the show was over.

Fortunately, my companions said that it was a fantastic concert and they had a great time – otherwise I would be bringing far more vehement wrath down upon you.

However, I feel the need for some retribution on your part – or 100,000 air miles from Richard Branson. I trust that you will get back to me whenever you feel like it, and, until then, I will return and poop in your pool whenever I feel like it.

Over and out,
Dunela
xoxoxoxoxox

No comments: