Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Watering the dog

Not to get too serious on you, but I already had a few concerns about this practice to begin with.

And Sunday Brunch with my sister left me with no doubts.

Her golden retriever just got fitted with one of those doofy plastic collars that stops him from licking, biting, or chewing some offending body part. Or as my sister likes to call it, an Elizabethan Collar.

Problem is that he can't get at his water bowl with said collar in the way, so sister decided to pour water into his collar just to help him out.

Resulting in her waterboarding her own dog.

Nice job.

4 comments:

JenniB said...

Remember when Mandu had one of those on? Too cute

Jeff said...

My vet called that thing an Elizabethan Collar also.

Anonymous said...

It is an Elizabethan collar or an E-collar, if you're in the know.

I did not purposefully try to waterboard him, I was just helping him out and it went awry.

Needless to say, he's now figured out how to drink out of his bowl on his lonesome. He's still bumping into walls and doors, though.

JDizzle said...

Call PETA!