Monday, January 28, 2008

Sometimes I like to write letters #2

Dear Amtrak,

I'm writing to let you know of my displeasure (and that of others seated around me) during a train ride I took on Amtrak the other day from Hudson to NYC.

It appears that someone made the most unwise decision to close down the bar car on this train several months ago. I was therefore forced to sit in my seat, and with nothing to do, I fell asleep. And snored. Really loudly. The whole way home. And really annoyed a lot of people.

Had the bar car been open, none of this would have happened. Because I would have been there drinking. I can't imagine that this decision was made with cost savings in mind given how badly you rip everyone off for these products.

I demand that you open the car again last week. If you do not, I might not be able to go visit my friends anymore.

Thank you.

4 comments:

turkey said...

Amtrak does NOT give me a lift!

JDizzle said...

That sucks! I COUNT on the bar car EVERY time I ride Amtrak. I call shenanigans!

Jeff said...

You should travel with a flask.

Kitty said...

I like bringing my own hooch on train rides. when else am I supposed to drink 40s of malt liquor?