Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I hate that guy!

I went to see the Arcade Fire on Saturday. Turns out it was one of those all day events with about eight crap bands playing before the main event.

So, after rolling around in the grass all day, we managed to find a nice little spot closer to the stage and behind a large puddle, so there was no one in front to block our view.

And then Youngy McPukester comes along and unloads the contents of his stomach right into the puddle. While that almost made me hurl myself, it got even better when loads of idiots walked straight through said puddle...in sandals. (And in some case mandals.) I tried to warn people for a while, but it was becoming a full-time job so I gave up my job as the vomit police and began to enjoy the show.

And then it happened.

One of my most hated celebrities walked straight through the puke puddle in mandals.

Adam effin Goldberg.

I was so torn between the glee I felt in seeing him walk through puke and the instant rage that I felt just seeing him so up close and personal. It was too much for me to handle.

I don't know what it is about this guy, but all around us we could hear people saying "What's that guy's name? I hate that guy!"

Maybe he could be Mean Monday for Jeff next week.

5 comments:

JenniB said...

My favorite part of the story ios that you stayed in your place right by the puke puddle!

Nocturnal Admission said...

hells yeah JB. I wasn't losing that prime position!

Jeff said...

Good suggestion for next week's MSM! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

but AEG is great on Entourage... C'mon peoples.

GG#1

Adam said...

The best thing was that AG actually did some good, inadvertantly. Later in the concert we were standing by some guys who were trying to remember his last name -- "Adam something....I hate that guy!"

We struck up a conversation with them and let's just say....they were exactly the kind of guys you always hope to be next to at a concert.