Thursday, October 11, 2007

Our house, in the middle of the street

Adam and I were sitting in the grown up upstairs living room last night and I had one of those split second thoughts of "wow, this is where I live" and then it was gone.

I decided that places don't really feel like home because I've never lived in one place for more than 3 or 4 years in my whole life. I floated this idea by Adam and the following ensued.

K: Maybe if we have kids at the table and family dinner time, it would feel like home.

[WTF???]

A: And you're cooking right?

[Momentary lapse into hysterics]

A: Do you realize that if we had kids, you'd have someone to play games with all the time.

K: Yeah! I'll make them play boggle before they can spell

K: Um,

K: Um,

K: Yeah, but will they want to play with me at 2 a.m. in the morning when I'm drunk?

5 comments:

JenniB said...

You already have a child and thats be so stop the baby talk!

Shosie said...

Will you make them play gin rummy?

Jeff said...

You know, if you have kids, you will have to get new kid-friendly furniture. On another note, that dining table of yours would look great in my house.

JDizzle said...

You guys should probably rethink procreation.

Anonymous said...

If Britney can do it, so can Kelly.